Today, I met with a marvelous pup, Rosie, the Goldendoodle. Rosie loves to swim!
I used my iPhone 3Gs to make the video.
Click the words below this sentence to see a video of Rosie swimming.
Here are the steps for teaching a dog anything you want.
- Condition a reward marker, a signal to tell your dog the instant he or she has succeeded.
- Establish a Rewards System, so your dog will be motivated to cooperate.
- Get the dog to perform the behavior (or some portion of the behavior) during very short, practice sessions.
- Mark the instant your dog succeeds.
- Reward your dog, reinforce the behavior.
- Refine the behavior through repeated, very short, practice sessions in many different areas.
- Add distractions so your dog will always perform the behavior.
- Practice the behavior in real life.
Basic Obedience Commads that all dogs should learn:
Attention, Sit, Here, Down, Stay, Go-to-Place, Leave-it, Walk on Lead
Alan J Turner – Dog Trainer
Private and Group Dog Training in Memphis TN